Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome and Thank You.


Thank you so much for checking out Chun's Silent Auction!  Just that alone, is appreciated more than words can describe!!
We are only about 4 weeks away from being able to travel to China, to bring home our last daughter, Chun.  It is a time of excitement and nervousness...and doesn't seem to matter that we have traveled this path 7 times before to China.  
It is hard for me to describe how it came to be that Chun was meant to be our daughter.  I saw her picture as I was advocating for many children, who needed families, and just KNEW!  It was crazy, I wasn't "looking" for our family, but there she was, calling my name.  I put her picture in my husband's bureau, and waited.  It was a few days before my birthday and Christmas, and really couldn't even explain it to him (which he should have been used to, since this is how our last few children found their way into his heart)  He told me I was crazy, we had no money, and that China would NEVER say yes.  Well, that just meant we submitted LOI, and had the pleasure of telling him a few weeks later, that China did indeed say yes, we could proceed.  
Totally taking a leap of faith, we proceeded.  
We are now so close, and still have funds to raise. Also, August travel is very expensive.  We have a garage sale going next week-end, and then we will start this auction.  It will run from July 22nd  until July 30th, at which point, we pray to be have received the funds we need and our TA (travel approval)
Thank you again!  Currently, I am planning on putting up things that we have already. If anyone in the adoption community would like to make a donation, it would be most appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment